The Wenzel Great Basin 10 Person 3 Room Tent is a low-cost extended dome-type structure with fibreglass poles for summer family camping, complete with a Light Reflection System and numerous windows.
- Tent with an extended dome.
- Very reasonable.
- A single door with a window.
- Three distinct windows.
- Poles made of fibreglass.
- Port for an ethernet cable.
- Structure with three rooms.
- System of Tent Light Reflection.
Where to Purchase
- This tent is available on Amazon, and I’ve seen it in a few of their international locations. So click the link and take advantage of their global service.
- It is also available at Walmart.
This is what kind of tent it is.
The Wenzel Great Basin Tent 10 Person has been available for at least 6 years. This is an example of a typical extended dome-style tent. So, the central area is supported by two main poles, and each side extension has its extra pole, as shown in the diagram below.
The tent appears to be freestanding, but this is different. To properly set up the extensions, you must stake the tent to the ground, which will stretch the ceiling as needed.
The tent includes two partitions, allowing up to three separate units for at least some privacy. However, as shown in the above image, only one door exists. With a maximum height of 78 inches (198 cm), this is a stand-up structure (at least for most users).
The tent has a partial coverage fly, enabling you to see around. There are three separate windows with zippers, which is unusual for such a low-cost tent, and one window on the door, apparent in the photo above.
Who is it for?
Space: The stated capacity is 10 people, and the image below demonstrates the floor plan and what the manufacturer recommends for use with floor pads. The area is 159 ft2 (14.8 m2), and with so many users, this equates to 1.59 ft2 (1.48 m2) per person.
The space can accommodate three queen-size beds or up to six twin-size beds. However, it is best suited for up to 5 people, such as parents and 3 small children.
Seasons and climate: This tent is for summertime camping; the roof is all mesh, and such an arrangement would not be appropriate in a relaxed environment. Because the tent is tall, has fibreglass poles, and a partial coverage fly, avoiding areas with strong winds and heavy rain is best.
Weight: The weight of 28 lb 2 oz (12.8 kg) is acceptable; you can see how it compares with other tents with the exact stated capacity in the table below. The packing dimensions are 27 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches (69 x 27 x 27 cm). However, this is a camping tent, and these two parameters are not required; a car is needed for such a tent.
You have four poles for the canopy and one for a small awning above the door. Because this is an inexpensive tent, the material is shock-corded fibreglass, which is not exceptionally resilient.
They don’t specify the water-resistant rating of the fly or the walls, but it’s polyester with a PU coating, and the seams are sealed. Because the floor is reinforced with polyethene, you are entirely safe from the groundwater. The package includes two removable dividers with zippers.
The ceiling, windows, and door are all mesh, but no floor vents exist. Now that the windows are low, you may maintain them with mesh only as long as the sky isn’t cloudy, so ventilation should not be an issue. However, if it rains for several hours, all openings must be closed, and the environment inside the tent may not be pleasant.
- A storage loft is included.
- System of Integrated Light Reflection. When you place a flashlight or torch in the gear loft and aim it at the built-in reflective panel above, it emits a glow.
- Two tiny spaces on the wall are insufficient.
- There is also an E-Port for cable.
- Declared capacity: 10 people.
- Weight: 28 lb 2 oz (12.8 kg).
- Dimensions: 18 x 10 ft (549 x 305 cm).
- Area: 159 ft² (14.8 m²).
- Area per person: 1.59 ft² (1.48 m²).
- Peak height: 78 in (198 cm).
- Packed size: 27 x 10.75 x 10.75 in (69 x 27 x 27 cm).
- Poles: fibreglass.
Final thoughts, rating, pros and cons
Please remember that this is not a sponsored post, and the brand is not compensating me. Please use the comment box below if you have any questions or comments.